1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

zucchini relish / what are you canning

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by butch, Jul 12, 2014.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

jsut finished up a test run of zucchini relish looks like all went well all the lids pulled down. half with pepper and half withought
    think i will build more heat into the next batch as the "hot " was not spicy at all. lucky i have a freind with 40+ peppers in his garden
    so what are you guys putting up in jars ?

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I do lots of spicy Chinese pickled cucumber because it's easy to make and requires no heating or anything. Salt and drain, add vinegar/salt/sugar/garlic/peppers, sit for a few hours.

Also a fan of pickled broccoli stems, and I'd love to do zucchini if there were more of it here.

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

This is my third year really attempting to garden. getting better each year. so far just freezing. but plan to get into the canning .

4. butch

butch Founding Member

we have some foods tht we just dont eat canned so they must be frozzen (peaches and peas are 2 really big ones ) and with half a cow in the cooler space is hard to comeby

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I started my snow peas late but am now reaping the benefits. Others told me I wouldn't get them owed to the late start, but the peas did not know. bush beans yielding pretty heavy. pole beans not there yet.

6. butch

butch Founding Member

my 2nd row of peas will be goin in soon we will see if the wesather holds long enough