1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Zanzibar cafe

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Rami, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Let's try again

Well today I had one of the best meals cooked by a forum member. Now excuse the bad photos as I was too busy stuffing my face.

First course

Oysters chilled pickled ginger and warm wakame/lemon
    [​IMG]

Perfect balance between sweet salty and creamy. I normally prefer Pacific oysters but this complemented and enhanced the Sydney rock oysters beautifully.

Cured yellowfin tuna with beetroot and creme fraiche.

[​IMG]

Let's just say that my wife started eating before I could get the chance to take photos. The beetroot works wonderfully here. Adds an earthy flavour.

Main

Free range chicken

[​IMG]

Need I say anything? I would eat all my peas as a kid if they came like that.

Beef

[​IMG]

I have no idea what that floss was but I want more. Complemented the beef nicely. I kept stealing the small shallots out of my wife's plate

Dessert

Was stuffed by this stage so went with a cheese board and a dessert to share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

! I'd have to drive 150 miles to find one with a similar bill of fare. Looks wonderful. We have a fine dining vacuum here in the sticks, so I am happy when I can simple food well done. You are lucky Rami

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Rami drove 300 miles/6 hours to get there:cool1