1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Song of the Day, Giddyup.

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by mr drinky, Oct 24, 2014.

1. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

First time I've seen the particular video........ F'N AWESOME!!! Thanks Cris! :cool:

2. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

First time I have looked back at this thread in some time. Lucretia good call on "Weather Report" & Maynard Ferguson. Mrmnms: plus one on "Little Feat".

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

How about some Tom Lehrer for a Friday night.

First, and ode to spring:

And for all you 50 Shades of Gray fans:

4. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

Awesome Lehrer stuff.

Btw, I am going to a Torres concert here in Minneapolis in a few weeks. She has a great building, driving sound that matchers her emotional lyrics. And with some of her songs her lyrical timing is just like a comedian delivering a fine joke. Her song Honey is vibrating the car these days.

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Feeling a little nostalgic today. Anyone remember YooHoo?

[​IMG]

Possibly one of the most vile drinks ever concocted. Many, many years ago, back before many of you were born, YooHoo sponsored a contest for schools. Whichever school turned in the most labels got a Free Concert! :pop Fortunately you didn't have to drink the stuff--you could copy (or mimeograph!) the label and color it in. Somehow my school won (I still remember coloring in those $@$$!!! labels). And there, in the fine acoustic surroundings of the school auditorium, we were serenaded by Kool and the Gang.

So here's the song of the day:

6. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Love this song

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black nailed this one:

And for some highbrow stuff...Dennis Brain playing Mozart's Horn Concerto No. 2.

Probably the greatest horn player ever.

And you know what they say about horn players. They make the best kissers. They just hold you funny.

8. mr drinky

Good stuff Lucretia, and that was an awesome Kool & The Gang story. YooHoo!!

And ScotChef, I haven't listened to The The in ages. That is a sweet song.

As for me, I have been listening to Tim Barry. I got a notice from Bandsintown that he was coming to Minneapolis this July. Tim is in the tradition of punk rockers going folk. It is hard to find a more positive human who says the F-word as much as he does. I love him. Here is a song about when the police were harassing him and he went to live in a shed with hardly any electricity for 3+ years. He said it was one of the best things that ever happened to him. Gotta love that.

k.

9. Some really nice songs hereā€¦
    After watching a movie "Any day now" I really like how Alan Cumming performed "Love don't live here anymore" song. Here's a part from movie:

Gonna learn to play that one.

and this cover is also pretty nice

10. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

There is rumoured to be a new The The album in the works.

11. mr drinky

Well, I head to a Tim Barry concert tomorrow, but I will be missing the Screaming Females concert in Minneapolis later this summer. This song has been doing right by me for the last few days. Hopeless by the Screaming Females.

k.

12. It's been quite here for a while. Let's revive this thread with a new tune that a friend of mine has recorded recently

13. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Mr. Lucretia is retiring friday, so some blues for me:

And my role models for dealing with it, the ladies from Saffire ;):