1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Song of the Day, Giddyup.

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by mr drinky, Oct 24, 2014.

1. He also made the music to the Doom series of video games; not everyone's cup of tea but popular enough that they made a movie based on it. (an awful movie, but a movie nonetheless)

2. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

I've totally become infatuated with Amanda Shires album, "Down Fell The Doves." Two standout tracks (for which I CANNOT find studio versions on youtube) are Bulletproof and Box Cutters.

The studio versions are so much better...

3. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

Interesting music that Amanda Shires. I'm also a little infatuated with her ;)

As for me, what song I am listening to right now while my care is getting fixed is Father of Mine by Art Alexakis of Everclear. I am heading to a show of his tonight.

k.

4. mr drinky

Just ran into this song via NPR. Sylvan Esso, Hey Mami.

k.

5. mr drinky

Man, I love this song. You can't buy it yet, but it has Christian Letts from Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros with Marcus Mumford singing harmony. I can't wait until the album comes out. Don't know if I can embed Soundcloud or not. Edit: Not sure, failed, so just the url.

k.

https://soundcloud.com/lettslettsletts/matches

6. mr drinky

I haven't posted any songs in a while, but here are a few that I have been impressed with as of late.

Hurray for the Riff Raff, Body Electric

Agnes Obel's Riverside.

And Rhiannon Giddens of the Carolina Chocolate Drops sings Last Kind Words off her new solo album.

k.

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

And today deserves a little Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# minor...as performed by Igudesman and Joo:

They played Seattle last year and we missed them. ##$@$!@!$$!

8. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Just can't beat the Beachboys sound. One minute to convince you.

9. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

. Was privileged to here these guys a bunch if times when Lowel George was in rare form. One of the best live bands I've ever heard .

10. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I had no idea that hooray for the riff raff was popular nation wide. Those guys live in my neighborhood.

11. mr drinky

Now that they are on a major label, they are probably getting more pr. They play in Minneapolis early May.

k.

12. Andre

Andre Founding Member

Major label huh? Maybe they don't live in my neighborhood any more. I actually can't remember them playing around here recently.

13. mr drinky

Just noticed that Iron & Wine had some older home demo recordings that came out. The breathy lo-fi sound with scratchy acoustics took a bit of getting used to at first, but a lot of the songs captivate me after 20-30 seconds of listening. Slow Black River is one of the 16 songs on the album.

k.

14. Been awhile crazy busy. Drinky first off every needs good riddance every once in awhile. second first aid kit is amazing had a friend living in Holland send me there stuff years ago can't believe how young they are and the depth of feeling behind the music. And fur the song of right now is five finger deathpunch: wrong side of heaven

15. Tides from Nebula

Been listening to them for weeks now and can't get enough.
    It has to go on whilst surfing on the net, reading forums.
    Post rock is just perfect for chilling out.

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Some old stuff:

17. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

18. This was in 2007/2009 or so, so I dunno about him no longer performing it lol. I never realized Trent Reznor wrote it. I always assumed that Johnny Cash wrote it sometime in the 70's/80's...and that NiN redid it as a sort of tribute. Kinda cool that it was the other way around.

Always loved the song.

19. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

It has been one of my favorites since NIN first released it & most certainly shed a tear when Johnny first performed it (whom I've followed since the 60's). Just an incredible song that comes from the soul, which in my opinion, is what real music is all about. :cool: