1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Song of the Day, Giddyup.

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by mr drinky, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Good with coffee today.

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I'll have to look into those Carolina Chocolate Drops. I like it.
    For something completely different....

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Not sure how to upload videos, however, check out:
    Lily Meola and Tom Conway "Something"
    on You Tube. Really, really amazing!!!

4. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

5. mr drinky

Btw, if you want some interesting videos search for the Voice Project. They do these chains where artists cover other people's songs. There are some really beautiful covers.

Here is one of my favorites: Dawes covering Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

k.

6. Song of the moment lagwagon razorburn

7. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

Old one revived for a good show.

8. mr drinky

There is some really good stuff here. Just downloaded some You+Me, and Sean, you know I always love me some Lagwagon. I wish they were coming to MSP.

Here is my entry. Nothing too new, but most haven't heard of him, John Grant. His song Queen of Denmark is amazing. What a mellow, cool voice.

k.

9. mr drinky

This James song, Moving On, has been playing in my head.

And I add a bonus of the more pop version of the song with a cool video.

10. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I forget that James exists and then have a "that's a great song moment every few years"

11. mr drinky

Yearlong Winter by Punchline. This was my wedding procession song. A little after the minute mark it changes. I'll always love this piece.

k.

12. mr drinky

Ok, one more. This duo is from Minneapolis (sort of) and has an Indie American singer along with a pretty attractive Swedish Albanian. They moved to Sweden after a rather notorious event that I will leave only the initiated to google. Anyhow, I like this song.

k.

13. Drinky, I really dig that Punchline song.
    Chuckles, the You & Me song is good too. Have you listened to the whole album yet? I just recently got turned onto Dallas Green aka City and Colour, and I'm not a fan of Pink's music but the girl can sing.
    I still owe you some music.................

14. Okay.
    I put this on FB a couple weeks ago, but I really got back into these guys lately. Heavily influenced by Velvet Underground. I love these guys and I'm pretty sure they will be back together for a tour in 2015.
    Luna

15. mr drinky

I've been liking Chris Cresswell as of late. He is the lead vocalist for the Ontario (Canada) group, The Flatliners.

k.

16. mr drinky

First Aid Kit is playing in Minneapolis on Thursday at First Ave. I love their sound, but I don't have tickets, so it will either cost me a lot or half as much. We'll see how cold it is outside that night to pick up a ticket. Nothing like Swedish Fold Rock to make you feel great.

k.

17. mr drinky

Didn't get to the First Aid Kit show: wife had to work. Now I am at the lower portion of a bottle of red and Good Riddance is on repeat. I really like this song Dylan. And yes, I know that no one else likes this stuff, but it is late and I am drinking and it feels good to listen to.

k.

18. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Strangely enough...Johnny didn't write that song, Trent Reznor did...but after Johnny recorded it, Reznor said the song no longer belonged to him, that Johnny had made it his own. To this day, Reznor no longer performs the song...or so the legend goes :)

But it was definitely written and recorded by Reznor nearly a decade before Johnny.

19. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

That is interesting.Johnny certainly made it his own.I dont know Trent Reznor so that gives me someone to look up!

20. Trent Reznor is the guy from Nine Inch Nails.