1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS WTT Devin Thomas 240 Chef in XHP

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by MattS, Feb 26, 2018.

1. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Looking for a trade if possible. For bargaining I am offering up this DT 240 chef knife in XHP. This is the epitome of Devin Thomas and a great knife. Devin has always been a master at steel treatment and this is no different.
    I purchased/stole this knife for $750.00, realistically they go for much higher on the secondary market.

Long shots, but hoping to get either a DT cleaver or a DT suji. If not those, a slicer from an American Maker, any mono steel from Rader etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I cannot believe you would part with that gem Matt!

good luck with your trade in any case, wish I had something to offer you.

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Hmm, I have a Rodrigue suji in O1 that is 300 mm. And a Carter ~270 suji (don't rember which carbon steel offhand). I also have a redundent Martell 300 mm suji with koa handle (yeah, somehow I wound up with two :oops: -- one is BNIB).

I would be open to talking if any of these interest you. I think all were a little less $ then that DT gyuto, but the difference can be made up.

4. Pm sent.

5. Nuts63

Nuts63 Founding Member

How is this still available? A DT 240 gyuto at that price would have been sold within 10 min on the other site GLWS or Trade

6. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

What other site? I believe it's listed on more than one site and is receiving a fairly large audience.
    I suspect Matt is fielding several offers

7. Looks like a DT Suji &/or Cleaver (even more rare than his offering) are what the OP is looking for ... sniffle ... sniffle ... none of which I own ... Best of luck with what you want!

8. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Gents, thank you for the outpouring of offers. There are some serious knives on this forum. This has been traded.

9. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

10. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Blood Root integral suji.

11. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Oh my, that'll be nice.

12. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Congratulations Matt.

Never heard of it......

13. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Seems to me the other site would be the wrong site to be looking for a DT at this price.

14. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Sweet! Looking forward to pics.