1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Jeffery Hunter, Jun 13, 2014.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Missed that one. Dang work gets into the way of the important things. But I read that the goalie is looking for a job, so this must have been his performance demo for that.

Stefan

2. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

If that's the case he could be up for a few jobs. Brazil should have had at least 3 if it weren't for his play. And I was watching on line in the back office some things has to trump work sometimes....

3. Jeffery Hunter

Spain mot moving on..... WOW

4. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I had my concerns about Spain but never expected them to just give up like that. Chile seems to have a great run, they definitely need to be watched. I wish I could see more games. Saw a bit of the Netherlands against Australia today, the Aussies clearly had the spirit, sorry to see them go. As for the Germans, we'll have to see. They already surprised me with how well they played as a team because there is a lot of improvisation going on. There was a bit of luck for them in the game against Portugal, I look forward to seeing how they do against Ghana. So much excitement. Good that it's only every 4 years, I could not take that much excitement more often :D

Stefan

5. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Ten seconds after I post this about ten of my friends will show up at my door and beat the snot out of me, but I enjoyed watching the England/Uruguay game today. The euphoria in GB was short lived.

6. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Second half of the Columbia-Côte d'Ivoire game was fantastic!

7. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

So far, everyone did ;) Hodgson, who invented him there?

Agree the mexican keeper very impressive job

8. No euphoria in this house, we were well prepared for failure:D

9. Jeffery Hunter

@WarrenB there is still mathematical hope for ya..... cheering for Italy today are ya?

10. guess so, just need them to hammer Costa Rica(unlikely) and beat Uruguay(possible) and we beat Costa Rica heavily(unlikely again) and we are through, so quite simple really:confused:

11. Jeffery Hunter

And just like that England is out plus the only team not ranked in the top ten from that group is secured a spot in the 16

12. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Maybe you can reactivate David Beckham :) Sorry to see the UK guys go, but looks like it wasn't enough this time. Now, if the Uruguayos could please get rid of the Italians also, that would make my day... Looks like France is marching ahead also, very interesting.

Stefan

13. Jeffery Hunter

Lost of goals all around. Another high scoring affair today in the France game. Makes for entertaining games for sure.

14. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Well, Ghana - Germany was a bit more excitement than I had hoped for, but I expected a very tight game and the result seems fair. The US-Germany game should be interesting. Other than that, very disappointed by Argentina. Both games won undeservedly IMHO. Hope they will pick,up speed and not wiggle their way through it.

Stefan

15. roberto

roberto Founding Member

Begium is playing bad but have 6 out of 6 so what will happen when they start to play good?

16. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Yipppiieee! :)

Stefan

17. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Germany deserved to have more points in that match. Completely shut the US team down.

18. Jeffery Hunter

Big win to take the group today! Russia is making H a little more interesting now. Who will post next round predictions? After tonight.