1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Jeffery Hunter, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

So who's watching and what's your predictions? I will watch when time allows and follow on line as i can not sure whom I would place my bets on yet though.

2. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Between most of the games being during work time and not having a TV, this will be a bit of a challenge this time, but I will watch what I can get away with. Not sure where I would put my money, either, a lot of open questions this time. Brazil did not really convince me today, I'd like to see whether Spain can still keep up. Argentina has a really good selection of individual players, if they can work as a team, they should be a contender. And then there are the ones that can surprise us all, I have my eyes on Chile & Belgium for that. Italy can be expected to foul and play act their way out of the group phase, also. I am German but not overly optimistic about the German team this time. The best German player had to pass with an injury, a few others are just overcoming long injuries and are not fit, yet, and we only went there with one goal getter who is 36, slow, and out of practice.

The game times being what they are, I will mostly catch the ones on the weekends and the games that start at noon ET/6am Hawaiian time. For those we will occasionally meet with friends and watch before work.

Stefan

3. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

O.k., I just went through the games. Brazil will lose the final 1:2 against Argentina. Germany will be 4th, losing the game for 3rd place because of an unjustified penalty against Italy with 1:2.

Stefan

4. roberto

roberto Founding Member

Belgium rules this year:k

5. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Any goals scored yet?

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

After watching the opening game Im saying that Brasil have some big chances of winning, with all that help from the judge.
    Should be 2:0 with Croatia in the first half. Bollocks.
    I can imagine how much unrest it would cause if Brasil would have lost their first game home.
    But as to the football, was it so much better in the whole game? Patches of well played but mostly not.

Spain lost nicely. Crazy mistakes happening when there anxiousness/no faith in the team.

8. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I put it on my calendar a year ago. Very excited and will watch as much as I can. Cheering for the US of course but also the Orange Crush. :)

9. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

That Dutch game was something, never expected them to blow away Spain like they did. I had expected a tie for that game, sjows you what I know. Watching Colombia-Greece right now, they both don't look like contenders.

Stefan

10. Jeffery Hunter

The 4 goal loss for spain was huge! Should be a few good matches later in the day, looking forward to seeing how the italians play

@bieniek I agree that first game was decided in part by officiating and should have been 2-1 the other way after 90

11. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Nice for Italy to start with 3 points. Much better than 2010.

12. Jeffery Hunter

even nicer that they beat the brits

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I was living in Italy in 1982. It was pandemonium in the streets upon their victory. They take if very seriously.

14. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

You did a great job with that ;)

Stefan

15. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

After seeing Holland i think they will win it.Maybe a Holland/ Argentina final

16. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

So, who was this 'Ronaldo' guy again? :)

Stefan

17. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Il fenomeno? He quit some years ago , he is the chubby guy in suits now , not the answer you are looking for ;)

18. Jeffery Hunter

Mexican keeper put on a show against Brazil today!