1. Welcome to the KKF! Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp. Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Works in progress

Discussion in 'Houston Edge Works' started by Pennman88, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Pennman88

Pennman88 Professional Craftsman

Still needs to be sharpened and saya made. Dressed this one in leopard wood, recon stone, and gold carbon fiber.

IMG_7296.JPG

2. Pennman88

Pennman88 Professional Craftsman

A 250mm Sujiki and chef knife set in CPM M4. Reciprocal red, white, and blue handles with silver twill bolsters. This steel just does not like to be finished over 120-220 grit. But it is absolutely crazy in edge retention. The blue us box elder Burl and the red is black ash Burl. The saya accommodates both and allows both to be inserted and withdrawn separately. I don't pretend to be very artistic in my leather work, but it is fun to do some tooling. The Orange knife is a little utility for a florist. Also M4. I'll post it later.

IMG_6919.JPG IMG_6972.JPG IMG_7630.JPG IMG_7731.JPG IMG_7935.JPG IMG_7978.JPG IMG_8100.JPG