1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The most EPIC kitchen knives ever! WIP

Discussion in 'HHH Custom Knives' started by HHH Knives, Jul 21, 2014.

1. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

LMAO!! This I gota see!

2. HHH Knives

So today I finish sanded the blades and did the initial etch. snapped a few photos to share

_MG_1796 (800x533).jpg _MG_1826 (800x533).jpg _MG_1798 (800x533).jpg _MG_1797 (800x533).jpg _MG_1795 (800x523).jpg

3. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Outrageous Randy.

4. HHH Knives

Mrmnms. Thanks. There only gona get better from here on out! Wait till ya see the heel shots of these. Outrageous!!!!!

5. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Seems like almost every day you &/or jr. come up with something completely new and even more mind blowing! :cool:

6. Mrmnms

Can't wait to see the heel shots. Anything like your recent San Mai ?

7. HHH Knives

your gona have to wait till I take some pictures to see. Im thinking its even better then the san mai. :)

8. HHH Knives

The inside core is a unique looking material. Generally its very solid. But it is softer then the outer bark part of the tusk. It polishes like glass and makes a great handle.. I had a maker already contact me and purchase the core. He makes rustic pieces that are awesome and he plans to use this for his pipe hawks. and the mouth piece.

9. HHH Knives

Made some progress on this set. wanted to share a few images.

The ivory is nothing short of amazing and among the very best I have ever had the pleasure of using!!! I have rough shaped the scaled to around 400Grit and will soon start working the fronts of the furrels and fitting the butt caps.

Still a long ways to go on these. But progress is progress! Stay tuned for more pictures as I move forward.

Thanks for looking. comments, thoughts. input......

_MG_1879 (800x533).jpg _MG_1881 (800x533).jpg _MG_1911 (533x800).jpg

10. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Sheesh. I am speechless. Beautiful work.

Are you pinning the ivory, or doing hidden pins?

11. HHH Knives

The Ivory will be pinned. Everything is going to be pinned either hidden or Corby or a combination of both.. :)

12. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

13. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

holy ........ damn randy!

14. Mrmnms

These would go so well with that excellent toothpick! They are really coming together.

15. Toothpick

16. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

AMAZING STUFF, brother Haas! :cool:

17. Mrmnms

I keep going back to the scales before you polished them and then looking at the after shots. I would never have visualized how much life they would have.

18. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Wow, Randy. Those are going to be treasured family heirlooms. Just fantastic!

19. Best way to honor the toothpick I could think of. The beauty does not come out in my photography.

And Randy - those knives are stunning!!

IMG_7874.JPG

20. Toothpick