1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

windows ten

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Dec 19, 2015.

1. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

only if that is how you choose to work. We have Win8 machines here at work and use the desktop for everything. We run full, fo'-real business software, as not as 'apps'. Very easy to set up the desktop; no need to accept the way things look from the initial installs.

2. Brianw

Brianw The Dark Net Mastermind Founding Member

Mike ....

Most of the people I loaded 8 on I automatically loaded classic shell. There is a classic shell for 10 and I suggest you download it if 10 is giving you such fits.

http://www.classicshell.net/

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Brian, you are D' Man. I have resolved to become aclimated to it, but will keep the classic shell in hot standby. Much appreciated.

Mike

4. Yeah, Classic Shell rulez. I hate the standard Win 10 menu.

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks for asking Jim.

I guess I'm getting the hang of it. It definitely wants to be plugged into your data. and seems to be pretty resource hungry. but I'm getting by.

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

We were doing some major cleaning out over the holidays, and came across this box. It was the motherboard for our first computer. It did pretty well with Windows 3.1. Amazing how much bloat there is in current operating systems.

1stPuter.jpg