1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Doesnt Have Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by James, Oct 10, 2014.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

If you look at the history of peanut butter you can see it is a byproduct of commonly available , cheap product that has subsidies in USA . I understand that lot of our North American members grew up on it and acquired a taste for it.
    Along with Marshall plan goods made in USA were brought to countries that received aid. Powdered milk, rectangular yellow milk product ( can't call it cheese sorry ) and peanut butter were few to be named.
    That was the first time lot of the European countries were introduced to peanut butter . They have been more readily available especially with the large companies like Kraft.
    I dont see Nutella taking over PB in USA but you will more likely to find Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spreads around the world on shelves , this may give you an idea

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

so basically Nutella in the USA is what PB is in the rest of the world. Ya never hear of it and rarely see it, but when you try it you're hooked.

3. It also pays to remember there's dozens of varieties of peanut butter...from sickly sweet, to straight salty, to almost savory...to powdered chalk. I've had powdered chalk tasting peanut butter, and it's the most disgusting thing ever...like a flour based rue. But a good lightly sweet, lightly salty peanut butter with a decent texture...and a sliced ripe red apple?

Yep, yep, yep...all week long and multiple times on Sunday.

Nutella makes me gag. Pure freaking stale sugar on a stick.

4. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

i think i need to try this nutella stuff, its been around forever here too, just never tried it

5. I think it's just too plain out and out sweet for me. Like...cloyingly sweet. It puts me in mind of what eating a clove cigarette might be like for some reason.

6. Toothpick

same here. Have seen it all over. Never tried it.

7. James

that would be an interesting comparison thread Cris, Ill subscribe when you get around to doing it lol

8. Toothpick

ahh screw it. I'm going to go buy some right now.

9. James

lol ill wait for you then

10. Please...don't hold your breath my friend...I'd hate being responsible for the bump on your head.

:p

11. Toothpick

Of course while I was there I had to buy my favorite treats...
    [​IMG]

oooo a purty gold seal!

[​IMG]

I first tasted it by itself and I thought It tasted like cocoa. Then I looked at the ingredients and look at that, cocoa.
    [​IMG]

I put it on toast for the final tasting, no pic sorry - believe it or not I just chowed down and didn't remember. It tasted sweeter on toast. Still had the hint of cocoa though, like a dark chocolate. I think the sugar and cocoa overpower the taste of hazelnut for me.
    Completely different taste than peanut butter - as expected. I'm not head over heals but it's pretty good.

12. James

dip the nutter butters in it and see what happens, btw what are nutter butters ?

13. Toothpick

WHAT are Nutter Butters!? You don't have Nutter Butters up there?
    Good golly Miss Molly!
    PB cookies basically. with PB in the middle. Dunked in milk like an Oreo they are awesome. Dipped in coffee for a morning treat they are awesome. Eaten alone they are crunchy goodness.