1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

When is there a new member check-in?

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by mark76, Nov 1, 2017.

1. I've noticed that most days there are a lot of new member check-in message compared to other messages. Also, the new members seldom seem to post.

Of course it's nice to welcome new members. But how come we get some many new members and (relatively) so little posts?

2. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Shyness? I remember when I joined a forum I was very hesitant to post unless I was sure that I'd make a contribution to the conversation. It took me a while to find a thread where I felt comfortable posting.

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

It is very common on forums in general.
    Many forums allow rude behaviour which further inhibit new members taking the first step.

Not here though you lurkers!
    Say hello.....

4. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

[​IMG]

5. I can relate to what Rick has mentioned. I'm kind of new here and want to be making a contribution. As the forum becomes more and more active, it'll be easier for new joiners to chime in because of the breadth of topics that'll be covered