1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Day Job?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Hattorichop, Jun 6, 2014.

1. stevenStefano

stevenStefano Founding Member

Chef I guess but it ain't what I want to be doing. Spent 4 years at University studying something that can't get me a job and sorta fell into it and I'm pretty desperate to get out. Therefore I work for charity one day per week to hopefully improve my job prospects. Minimum wage and working 9-5 sounds like a dream to me, I'd swap my current well-paying job in a heartbeat for one that allowed me to have some kind of life outside of work

2. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I recently switched to an 8-4 cooking job... not looking back and am enjoying seeing the girlfriend and trying to enjoy life. I actually have been able to watch baseball and a world cup match or two!

3. Had my own restaurant for three years but no life,got a good offer sold up and have been enjoying every moment since.I am the head chef at a small restaurant now work max 50hours a week and it feels like part time.I have much more time for family,friends and knife geekery now.Life is good at the minute.

4. roberto

roberto Founding Member

worked for the chemical company as an operator for more than 34 years,now retired and I love it;summer in Belgium and winter in Thailand.

5. Standup philosopher.

6. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

cone retriever for the hwy dept.

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Spent 20+ years in the space program, then retired/quit before I took a baseball bat to work and started swinging.

Now I'm hubby's personal chef and love slave, as well and home maintenance person and landscaper. (Notice housekeeper is not on the list!)