1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's in your pocket today?

Discussion in 'EDC - What is in your pocket?' started by Paradox, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I love that little guy... its so tiny compared toy paramilitary but has almost the same blade length... its easy to carry... I love the fun colours that dont freak people out... amd the S30V steel holds up to cardboard like nobodies business

3. I carry a small fixed blade myself. Simple 1075 (wish I'd had access to W1 or W2 at the time!), leather braid wrap, and an antique (1800's) wagon wheel wrought iron palm swell. This knife has been to hell and back in the last five or so years, and has served me very well.

[​IMG]
    OAL - 6.5"
    Blade - 3"
    Blade width - 1.125" at the heel
    Thickness - .200" over the heel, .450" including the palm swell
    Full convex from the spine to edge
    Both the edge and butt are differentially hardened

4. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

you think W1 or W2 would work well for a utility edge ?

5. Both are actually incredible for it. They get screaming hard, resist abrasion, and are tough as nails. I did a friction folder for @sachem allison out of W1 that he abuses in the kitchen for box opening and other such tasks, but I'll let him talk about that lol (ask him about his leg sometime!). I also have another clip point fighter type EDC that I beat up in the shop, out of Aldo's W2. One of these days I'll finish it and sell it...but the thing goes through cardboard, rope, wood, leather, mild steel lol...whatever...daily, and I only sharpen it once a month or so. The steel is more than adequate for the task. Edge geometry I think is the critical thing. I use a full convex on my EDCs, and the durability and sharpness are beyond a doubt unbeatable. Plus...the convex will still slice nicely even when dulled some. Most v edges struggle there.

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. sachem allison

sachem allison Founding Member

okay, here is mine. Cris Anderson made it for me awhile ago. W1 with ironwood scales friction folder. This is one little badass knife. I'm kinda old school so, I had him make this look old and worn. I don't like shiny things. Everytime a maker puts some shiny coating on something I sand it off and give it a satin finish. This thing is wicked sharp and holds it just about forever. I cut hundreds of cardboard boxes and twine all week long (which is about the worst thing you can do to an edge and after a few seconds on the 6k stone I'm back in business. I made the mistake of shoving it into my pocket slightly open. I didn't realize I was bleeding until I notcied my pants were soaked in blood. Took off my pants and realized I had zippered myself. 1 1/2" long 1/2 in deep. bled like crazy, healed up in 3-4 days and there is barely a scar. Does twitch every once in awhile though. friction1.jpg friction2.jpg friction3.jpg friction4.jpg friction5.jpg friction6.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  8. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

That is a beautiful knife Son.

9. sachem allison

Cris, does amazing work.

10. Pics or it didn't happen Son!

11. I asked him for pictures as well, but he said he didn't take any. Therefore I don't think it happened either =p.

More seriously though, thank you Son, for the kind words! If it were anyone else I'd suspect them of buttering me up to get another knife, lol :D!

12. sachem allison

what are you two guys talking about? There are 6 giant pictures on the screen for me and Jeffrey to see.

13. Your leg!!

14. sachem allison

oh, I don't have any of those . There really isn't any scar to speak of it sealed up pretty good.