1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's everyone doing this Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by WarrenB, Nov 17, 2014.

1. I hope they feel better.

For us, the in-law invasion begins tonight. Cooking a friends and family dinner tonight, all in-laws tomorrow, then to my family Christmas day. Just 20 adults and 8 kids....thank god for Gin!

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I wish I was at Neil's house . We go big at my cousin/music partner's house X mas eve. Eat seafood like kings and play music till my kids get sleepy. Then home to get the presents under the tree. The pile of wrapping paper and empty boxes can be obscene. Merry slicing and dicing to my Fora Family.

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Just me and my lovely wife of thirty eight years, quitely spending the holiday together. And to quote Mrmnms: "Merry slicing and dicing to my Fora Family. " :cool:

4. With a newborn. There isn't much plans this year. Other than settling the baby. Merry Christmas to all.

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

A quiet day at home with the spouse (we only have 30 years--good going, cheflarge!) With the traditional holiday pizza.

6. I applaud both of you! Merry Christmas to all.

7. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

And right back at you Lucretia! Happy Holidays to all. Thank you Neal! :cool:

8. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Cooked up a double-batch of spaghetti with a spicy shrimp sauce for dinner tonight. Hosting my sister from PA, plus both my parents came over. Bacon/ cheese bread is in the oven for tomorrow's breakfast. Time to hit the basement and wrap presents. Same group tomorrow; cooking a 4-bone rib roast, cauliflower puree, and a potato/ parsnip mash, plus a spinach/ pear salad. Wife made fresh ginerbread for dessert tonight, and an orange/ ginger pumpkin pie for dessert tomorrow night.

Our little one just hit 22 months old. There is a huge pile of presents under the tree for him from my wife and I, my parents, friends, etc. I'm sure it will just be another day to him, though. I suspect next year he will start to learn about Santa, etc. and have an interest in it :)