1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's everyone doing this Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by WarrenB, Nov 17, 2014.

1. It might be a little early for some of you to have plans but it would be nice to hear what everyone is doing this Christmas.
    We will be going to the mother-in-laws, my wife has a large family and everyone cooks something and brings it along. This year I think I am on Lamb or Bacon/Gammon duty, there is always lots of food and drink and my wife's 3 sisters are all pretty crazy so we never have a dull moment!!

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

awkward family "so when you going to find a girl and settle down" moments, good food, lots of sleeping in more awkward family stuff with more good food, and probably some alcohol

4. Gonna make some handles probably, since we don't celebrate Christmas here at all.

5. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I'm preparing sushi and Chinese food for a Satanic ritual sacrifice party.

6. Are there any
    Yet again?! I though you did that only last week…

7. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Last time it was samosas, and the sacrifice was to Baal if I recall. Don't ask me, I'm just the cook. :D

8. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Socialize, eat a lot, drink a lot, lose a lot playing poker.

9. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Have managed to get some holiday leave this year, so will be spending the day with family. Have also been volunteered to do the cooking, so the Webers will be fired up :cool1

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

for some reason the family get together is at my house, so will be visiting with family. gifts for grandsons. It is bring a dish, so no telling what we'll be eating.

11. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

[​IMG]

12. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I'm gonna copy and use this!

13. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I'll be sleeping. I get the day off.

14. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Criticism like that is why Santa works with the Krampus.

15. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

16. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Staying out of the heat,drinking,eating and sleeping and convincing myself to go to the gym-at some point,though probably not until 2015

17. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Certainly must have a nap. It's a tradition at our house, lunch then everyone goes off for a nap until dinner.

18. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

We get to do most of it twice around here SWMBO and family Christmas day then being a divorced dad my kids arrive boxing day for round two of the event. Plus copious amounts of cooking and baking to be done!

19. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I'm with Anton. Family and closest friends are between 5,000 and 10,000 miles away, most local friends are traveling or with their families, so I will probably sleep & woodwork. I took the 26th off, so this might be my chance to make some progress in the wood shop. It's freezing cold right now (well, below 70, windy & raining), but I hope it clears up and I will get a couple of beach moments in there as well. No big plans on food. Want to try replicating the best potato salad on earth (my Mom's, of course), and cook something nice for myself, unless I find someone who is around and up for a dinner. Trying to avoid depression, but that is usually more an issue around New Years...

Stefan

20. MattS

MattS Founding Member

My girls both ended with a fever last night so I am helping with sick children. Santa should help their mood though.