1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's cooking?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Yellowtail...

[​IMG]

2. cclin

cclin Founding Member

nice fish, beautiful presentation! It can be Mukozuke(sliced dish) in Kaiseki cuisine.

3. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

IMGP9494.JPG Some Blueberry fennel Gravlax for an event this weekend

4. upload_2014-5-5_20-21-41.png
    Squid ink pasta

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

GrilledChicken.jpg

Chives are blooming, so chive blossoms are going on everything. Except ice cream. Although that might be worth a try.

Tonight they went on grilled chicken.

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. image.jpg

I Betty Halfcrocked a cake for my sons 3rd bday tomorrow.

8. Jim

9. Chocolate pudding ;)

He's like his momma, chocoholic lol

10. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I can picture a face full of chocolate

11. Jim

With a milk mustache....

12. He had gotten into it before we got to sing happy birthday lol

image.jpg

Chocolate faces
    image.jpg

Still can't stay away
    image.jpg

13. Andy

Andy Founding Member

5lb of wings on the WSM today, didn't take any pictures this time.

Dusted with Zach's Bar-B-Que Sweet Rub, then 3hrs at 260F, with an apple juice mop every 30 minutes.

Coated some with Cholula Chili Garlic Sauce, wow, superb! :thumb

14. Made a risotto with leeks, scallops and fava beans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. cclin

cclin Founding Member

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  16. How did they turn out?

17. I need some pork loin ideas please.

Husband is dang near vegetarian due to chemo therapy (meat tastes like metal). He will eat smoked meats and fish... sometimes. Cow is out of the question right now, but I am having reasonable luck with pork loin. Thankfully it seems to be on sale most of the time around here. So, throw some pork dinner ideas at me!

Nancy

18. Jim

You can braise it with lots of onions and mushrooms. Pound out some cutlets , fry them up and serve with sourqraute and apples. ?.

19. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

or if you want something fancy...shake and bake, but Jim's idea sounds kind of okay too

20. Too much vino when I typed that last night. I said pork loin but should have said pork tenderloin.

You usually get two pieces vacuum packed together. Between them, it makes about 3 dinners for us. Frustration is I only get a chance to pick up groceries once a week. So often finding great sounding recipes on the net but am missing some of the main ingredients.

Had good luck getting him to eat a marinated and tied roast with some roasted veggies. Marinated in soy sauce, mirin, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and lots of orange zest. Did a sort of pulled pork with the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Last night I more or less turned some into veal parmesan.

No mushrooms lurking in the fridge but there are a couple apples and a can of Bavarian Sauerkraut in the larder. Sounds like tonight’s dinner to me.