1. Welcome to the KKF! Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp. Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's cooking?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Here's a dinner I did for a group of friends a few weeks ago. Appetizer is Crustini with prosciutto, fig compote, and manchego cheese. Crustini.jpeg

Next is fried Freekeh salad with carmelized fennel, cucumber, grapes, mint, parsley, and lemon sherry vinegrette.
    Salad1.jpeg

The main course was butternut squash risotto w/ rosemary garlic chicken, fried onions, parsley, and orange sesame vinegrette.
    BNSrissotto.jpeg

Last, my wife made a chocolate orange swiss roll.
    SwissRoll.jpeg

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Next dinner I’m coming over! Look great. And the way it’s plated makes it look like a restaurant dinner. I usually just plop food on the plate and get to eating

3. Taylor

I'm thinking for the price of gas, you could get a darn good meal somewhere closer, but let me know if you're ever in town, and I wouldn't mind cooking. I appreciate the kind words. I've struggled with making the food look pretty, but with lots of practice, it's starting to look like I know what I'm doing :).

4. Taylor

salami cheese plate with tomato basil spaghetti. The wine is old vine zin.

salami cheese plate.jpeg TomatoBasilPasta.jpeg

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. Jim

8. Jim