1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's cooking?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I have a chicken stock on. My bride dragged home a bunch of fryers and I have lots of bones and bits to play with. 20140225_121113.jpg

2. Paradox

Paradox Founding Member

Mac and Cheese for dinner. :cool: Before bake.

[​IMG]

3. Jim

4. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

what all is in that Jim

5. Jim

Beaks and claws, chicken bones, carrots ,onion,celery, tomato,spices. Basic chicken stock stuff.

6. Jim

Had a nice dinner of that pulled pork from Sunday, a baked russet the size of a Volkswagen bus, homemade Kruat and tiny little asparagus roasted for a couple seconds with S&P and OO. PDG

7. Jason

Jason Let it Rain, let it rain let it... huh? Founding Member

I have a half dozen shallots just sitting around, and haven't had the time or energy to do anything with them.

Probably just going to roast them along with some whole garlic cloves, then make a nice steak butter out of it.

8. Jim

Have that chicken soup on from the stock I made. Looks like it might be OK.

9. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Huge vat of chili for a Game Dinner tomorrow!
    [​IMG]

10. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

I love threads like this. Some pictures from last few days/weeks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

Preparing ''Demi glace'':
    [​IMG]

Finished product:
    [​IMG]

12. Jim

13. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Everything but the kitchen sink! LOL. 6# ground venison, 2# ground pork 2# ground beef, 1# Bacon, 8 onions, 4 peppers, 8 fresh tomatoes, whole bulb of garlic, 4 lg cans diced tomatoes,4 lg cans kidney beans, 2 Sam Adams Boston Lager, Tomato Sauce, Tomato paste, molasses, chili powder, red pepper, cumin, marjoram, oregano, parsley, and McCormick Molasses Bacon and SmokeHouse Maple seasonings. We let it boil down for a few hours, but it was still a bit waters from the tomatoes and beer (recipe called for Kahula), so we scooped off most of the water to make it a thicker chili. It was for a Game Dinner of 150 people and it almost all went!

14. James

2014-03-03 18.58.39.jpg
    Nothing special like all youse fancy guys, but my belly is full and it tasted appropriate to what was on the plate

15. James

20140303_190855.jpg

Dinner loved by the whole family

16. gavination

gavination Founding Member

17. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

[​IMG]
    Veal chops! :) Young and tasty. Had an artichoke lemon risotto that went with it. Followed with a 2011 North Coast Brewery Old Stock Ale that pair very very well.

18. Jim

19. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I don't have a picture, so it didn't really happen, but last night I made an ok copy of the carrot soufflé from Piccadilly cafeteria. It wasn't perfect, but I know what to fix now to make it as close as I can to the original. One of the tastes of my childhood!

20. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

I came home from work and my wife made a nice roast in the Le Creuset with carrots and potatoes. Best of all, I did not die.

One of her best efforts to date.