1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes the most memorable burger?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Fresh home grown grass fed beef!

[​IMG]

2. Bill Farrell

Bill Farrell Founding Member

The best burgers I've eaten were ones I made with buffalo meat. No bacon. Bacon is for breakfast.

3. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I haven't had a Jucy Lucy from Matt's in Minneapolis in a long time, but I probably still have scars from the lava cheese. A friend of mine liked to drain her burger on the wrapper and dip it...bloody barbarian she was.

4. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

Does the use of the Teeter hang ups inversion therapy really make for better beef?

5. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Lol, I live three blocks from Matt's! Great Jucy Lucy's there. Love that place!

I like a crazy thick slice of white cheddar seared until deep golden brown. I think if you are going to put cheese on a sandwich don't skimp.

I also like smokey braised slab bacon pulled and mixed into the beef. Topped with fontina and onions caramelized with a little honey, dark brown sugar and balsamic. Yummy.

6. panda

panda Founding Member

I do bacon in bison burg, sometimes do chopped corned beef in regular burg.

7. daveb

daveb Founding Member

I like a burger that commands respect. Best to date involved deboning a couple packs of short ribs, grinding the meat, shaping patties and cooking on a screaming hot grill. Not cheap but will make a preacher crack a beer.

8. ThEoRy

ThEoRy Founding Member

By weight 40% brisket, 40% short rib, 20% added fat.

9. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Hey fancy man!!
    You know this kinda answer is worthless without pics !!

Personally, I would be happiest with a decent burger and fantastic group of people whatever chefs choosing of condiments, over a delicious worlds best patty alone/with mediocre company.
    Oh yes and alcohol. Must be good and cold

10. gavination

gavination Founding Member

Too many good things in the world to whittle it down to one. Especially combinations. One of my favorite burgers though was 50/50 mix of 95% and 90% fat beef from the butcher on a grilled brioche bun with French butter, slice of grilled pineapple, fat slice of provolone, and pork bulgogi with a Sriracha mayo of course. No veggies. Too much good meat would be tainted in this case.

11. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Man, Chuck
    I just read that and I'm having trouble controlling the saliva spill....

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Grilled freshly ground round (medium rare), bacon, bleu cheese, a slice of tomato out of the garden, a slice of sweet onion, and spinach on a toasted home made bun.

With a good chewy dark beer.

13. panda

panda Founding Member

spinach on a burger? that's new. what is 'chewy' beer?

14. cclin

cclin Founding Member

15. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

My I'll-get-disowned-by-my-family-for-revealing-it secret is to grind a portion of hangar steak into the mix.

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Chewy--a good dark beer that you practically need a knife and fork to imbibe. The kind that puts hair on your chest.

17. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Caramelize the onions and we are in business! I also think a slice of seared foie gras works well on a juicy burger...

Stefan

18. Chop

Chop Founding Member

The gooey factor. Right meat to bread ratio, with the right chewiness. Gobs of good cheese. Caramelization, too....

It's good if it's a sticky, gooey mess that leaves juices dripping down your hand.

19. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Not a bad burger at all, from the wilds of Easton PA. Pops burger and gas station steak burger. pops burger.jpg

20. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

There are as many amazing burgers as there are terrible burgers, in my opinion.