1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What is an interesting meat to roast?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by EdipisReks, Mar 17, 2014.

1. cclin

cclin Founding Member

mmmmm...nobody like roast rabbit??

2. Huw

Huw Founding Member

I saw someone already mentioned whole fish, if that is something you'd consider whole fish baked in a rock salt crust is my all time favourite way to have it. I like snapper, leave the scales on, Stuff the cavity with aromatics, and make a stiff mix of rock salt, plain flour and water. Place the fish on a tray large enough to hold the whole thing, brush generously with olive oil, and pack the whole thing with a generous layer of the salt mix., runn a line from head to tail to make it easier to break open the crust when its baked. And cook in a hot oven. ( typically a 6kg fish takes around 40 minutes) allow to rest for another 20 or so minutes) then break it open and serve nice size flakes. The flesh comes out nice and firm and perfectly seasoned.

3. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Pork shoulder is a fan favorite around here. Not considered to exotic though.

4. butch

butch Founding Member

i have so wanted to fill the smoker witha few small birds for thanksgiving. and i will for sure do a rabbit at some point

5. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

Thanks everyone, lots to think about!

6. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Bacon...

Roasted Bacon definitely.......

7. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Grilled Bacon?

IMAG0421.jpg

8. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Pigs knuckles. can soften in the oven and finish on the grill. Always better on the bone.

9. panda

panda Founding Member

+1 porkbelly, but braise first.

10. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Just got back from Rome and had some great roast veal

11. pleue

pleue Founding Member

goat! do a carribean style grill out, whole grouper or snapper or such, maybe spiny lobster, and a whole goat