1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What are these Ebay Sabatiers?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by MotoMike, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Recently I've seen a flood of what is billed as vintage Sabatiers. the images appear to be the rough forgings of the knives in question and they do seem to resemble Sabs. Are they Chinese knock offs? lots of sellers with these and others in various stages of incompleteness. Seems odd to have numerous sellers all selling the same thing. sabs.JPG

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I bought a few like this . No heat treat. Devin Thomas and Don Ngyen ( Happy Birthday) did projects with these. They said it would have been far easier to start from scratch .

3. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

the one that don did is on sale on KKF b/s/t right now

4. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

I have done one too , tried slow oil , tried fast oil , didn't get the hardness I liked , have one more blank , slicer I believe , as it's been stated I Rather start from scratch with the steel I want and know how to work with

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks guys. nice to know. certainly not for the novice. I thought that some I've seen don't have the handles drilled and might be a candidate for removing the pomel and putting a wa handle on. just pondering.