1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet Shaving?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by PierreRodrigue, Feb 17, 2014.

1. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

I see some familiar faces from other boards? So who wet shaves, whats the preferred tools, and how many years?

I have a few straights-vintage, a few DE's new and vintage, and just over a year into it.

2. Brianw

Brianw The Dark Net Mastermind Founding Member

Swedish Steel here, and Single edge Gems and injectors

3. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Wet shaving? what's that?

4. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I'm loving my Gillette Black Beauty, and have for well over a year now. I still like straights, but a great DE does it for me, any more.

Soaps, I'm a huge fan of Mike's, C&E (old formula), La Toja, Proraso, and Cade. Classic, awesome stuff!

Brushes...they're my kryptonite. I'm currently (still) loving Vie-Long Super Badger. Amazing knots....

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

My first DE shave was on January 6, 2012 with a merkur 34c. Haven't looked back.
    Although I did grow a couple beards between then and now. I'm happily beardless today.
    I'm really enjoying the Gillette Tech.

7. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Hmm, been straight shaving for about a year. My straight lineup includes:

MS customized Witte and Co
    Heartring 151
    EDV Niestrom 62
    International Cutlery Pearl King
    CV Helhestrand #24

DE includes:
    Muhle
    Ikon Shavecraft

Brushes are a mix from Kent to custom

Soaps....LaToja, DR, Mitchell's, and Tabac.

8. Kevin

Kevin Special K Founding Member

Oh the rare occasion that I shave, I use Tabac and whatever DE my wife hasn't stolen from me yet. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll get out the strop and practice with my straight.

I'm not a picky man.

9. Boris

Boris Founding Member

straight razors line up, I have 2 dubl ducks, 2 W&B, 1 dovo, 1 Hart steel that i rotate through. As far as DE's go I got a nice aristocrat and fatboy that seem to be my go to razors these days. Software wise, I'm more of a cream guy, but do use soaps in my rotation as well. Brush wise, i usually use my SoC boar for soaps, and my favorite all around brush is the M&F chief from the B&B group buy.

10. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

The Chief looks gorgeous. I wish I had gotten in on it. Ahhhh well....

11. ackvil

ackvil Founding Member

Ask Harmoni.

12. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Will do.

categoryrain.jpg

13. Jim

14. Boris

Boris Founding Member

performs as well as it looks. I actually got mine from winning the contributors contest...i am a lucky devil sometimes =). But don't worry I'm sure there will always be other brushes and AD's for you to empty your wallet at.

I'm still afraid of this place...and the potential outcome of all my money going to sharp kitchen objects :p

15. Kevin

Kevin Special K Founding Member

Just when I forget about him this shows back up...

16. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

At least he's not green!

17. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

I got into Wet Shaving a few years back when my wife bought me a DE.
    Since then the collection has grown. Mostly Vintage SE's and DE's. I love the older razors as they exude Class and Workmanship.
    I have plenty of Vintage Straights as well, just never got around to using them.
    But that will change as I just got 2 new Straights from Ben Cardoso from France.
    [​IMG]

18. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I'm into about a year with a GEM. I like it so much I haven't had a desire to try anything else.

19. kentos

kentos Founding Member

Straight razors here.

20. Jim