1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Wayne Saunders

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, May 18, 2015.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @Wayne Saunders

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Wayne Saunders. We are happy to have you as part of our community.

2. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Welcome Wayne

3. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

4. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

5. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Glad to have you Wayne, Welcome to Fora

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. Cheers!

8. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I love cooking & I make knives for a living (as well as axes, tools & general blacksmithing) but look forward to learning more about the specialized kitchen knife.
    Cheers, Wayne

9. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Welcome.

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Hi Wayne
    I am collecting parts to build a propane forge so will probably be picking your brain. other than the anvil and a few hammers I don't have anything, I must start to collect a few other needed tools .

11. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Welcome aboard, Wayne!

12. I'm happy to help out as much as I can MotoMike, what have you got together so far?

13. Welcome !

14. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Wayne
    I have an old portable air tank that I plan on using as the body. I have decided on one of the side arm type burners that use the reducing tee. I like the idea of a mig tip in the end of a 1/8 nipple as it seems easier to center in the burner bore. other than that, a 250 pound Arm and Hammer anvil and a few hammers in the 1.5 to 3 poundish range. I know that making knives is a long way off. will start with small simple things I hope. hooks, bottle openers and maybe I can satisfy my hatchet fettish. :rolleyes

15. Sounds like all you need is the refractory! I use 2" thick "kaowool" on the walls & either a castable or ramable refractory on the floor. Don't forget a ridgidizer on the wool to stop it breaking down. You don't want to be breathing the fibres in, wear a mask while fitting it too.