1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Tiago de Matos

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, May 8, 2017.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @Tiago de Matos

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Tiago de Matos. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

2. Hi there,
    Started making bushcraft knives several years ago using high carbon steels my favourite being D2. Not long ago decided to try and make kitchen knives still used D2 and they actually perform in a good satisfying manner. Also obviously I feel the need to use stainless, used steels so far only niolox and CPM154. I find that niolox keeps the edge longer than CPM154 but also got more flex to it which on bigger length blades isn't that good a thing to have. What are your thoughts and what other steel can you guys recommend? Sorry I'm pretty sure that this an overly used and abused subject but please bear with me. TIA (also might not be the right place to ask questions might need some time to get to know the ropes )

3. Welcome Tiago

4. Hi Tiago!

Other popular stainless options for kitchen knives are AEBL, SG2/R2 and XHP. Maybe RWL34.

Anton

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

6. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Welcome!

7. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Welcome aboard!

8. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Welcome