1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome T1978_sach

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @T1978_sach

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, T1978_sach. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

2. Hello!
    I've been lurking here for a bit, figured I'd join the discussion. I just started making knives a few months ago, I've thoroughly enjoyed it thus far and I'm hoping to improve my skills drastically. I've been focusing on kitchen knives and just did my first Wa handle recently, I think I'm hooked! I try to build and create my own tools for the most part, I like doing everything I can on my own. I'm currently building a new kiln for heat treating.

By day I run my own business, we do automation and control systems for breweries. I am also a certified beer judge.

Cheers!

3. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

4. Beer judge and knife maker? Sounds good :) Welcome to the Fora!

5. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Welcome to the Fora!

8. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Welcome aboard! [​IMG]

9. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Welcome aboard, if you need an assistant, we can talk.

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Welcome. would love to see some pics of your knives.

M

11. Thanks everyone! Yes, the beer industry is how I make my living, I love it. A great community and lots of wonderful people in that industry. Beer judging is a blast.

Below are a few of my first blades, I started about six weeks ago.
    1095 blade, Stainless bolster, Black Palm handle.
    [​IMG]
    CPM154 blade, Marblewood handle
    [​IMG]
    My first Wa-style handle, 1095 blade, rosewood and marblewood handle.
    [​IMG]

I have a few more hidden tang/Wa handle knives in the works right now, can't wait to finish them!

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Outstanding work. both the westerns have very pleasing lines. not sure if the flash washed it out, but can't quite make out the tip on the Nakiri. All very nice. How do they cut?

13. Thanks! The tip on the Nakiri turned out nice, rounded just right I think, it is a bit washed out.
    They all cut great, I prefer the 1095 to the stainless, plus the CPM154 blade is a bit too thick. I've been working on my bevels and trying to get them to a narrower angle for a thinner blade.

14. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Welcome to Fora, nice looking knives.

But uh, what do we call you lol do you go by Sach ?

15. Sure, if you'd like. That or Trevor.