1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Website Going Live 5/21/2014

Discussion in 'Se Ecglast' started by Taylor, May 18, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I am happy to say that I finally have a date for my website to go live! This is a pretty busy time right now, as I need to coordinate between my web designer and bank, making sure everything works properly, and making sure to meet all the guidelines of what should be on an actual website.

Everything should be good to go Wednesday morning the 21st of this month (May).

The link to the site will be www.SeEcglast.com

I just want to add a personal thanks to everyone that has helped me out, and all the feedback that has been given! I'm super excited for this next step :)

2. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Best wishes for an uneventful launch of your website. I'm looking forward to seeing it on Wednesday.

3. Taylor

Thanks Rick! The website is now live, and only a few hiccups along the way. :)

4. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Wow, what a beautiful site. Not to mention the amazing knives you have for sale. Best of luck in your new venture.

5. Taylor

6. Congrats Taylor, great site. UNBELIEVABLE KNIVES !!!!

7. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Taylor, the 'buttons' are only showing up as boxes with red 'X'; the graphics are not appearing (IE 10, Win8Pro). Includes Banner on the 'About Us' page, and the Boardsmith and KKF 'buttons' on the Links page.

8. Taylor

Thanks David! I will see what I can do about that ASAP

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

10. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Using Dolphin browser on Android, no knives are shown for sale though at the bottom of the page it says there are 9. Does not matter if I try grid view or list view, nothing happens, just giving feedback.

11. Taylor

There might be a couple things that I did wrong, like loading too large of images when I was setting it up. Going to make some changes to a backup site, and when they are done, will update it all in one go. I'm hoping this will help with the user experience, as I'm starting to get some problems showing up for me now as well (not being able to see all the images). My developer is also looking at a few more things as well. Thanks for the reports guys! I'm crossing my fingers that it will work for everyone shortly. I'll also re-post when he has made the changes, to make sure that is fixing the problem.

12. DevinT

DevinT Founding Member

Just checked it out, lookin' good.

Hoss

13. Taylor

Pictures have been updated to smaller file sizes. Please let me know if there are anymore problems being seen. Thanks everyone for the feedback and patience!

14. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Running okay for me right now (on a Vista laptop w/ IE9)

15. Taylor

Woohoo!!!!

16. May not be the right place to ask but what grinds are the Marko ? It says not s grind, but he has 2 others.

17. Taylor

I believe these are his "heavy" convex grinds, to have as little stiction as possible. You can also comment on the site, where I can answer questions there as well. This way, others can see the answers while looking at the knives, but feel free to ask anywhere you choose :)

18. Taylor

I just checked with Marko, and the one with the Maple handle is the heavy convex, and the other has his regular convex. Thank you for the questions!

19. Tried accessing your site using my old Mac laptop as well as a new Mac running Mavericks and my iPad and iPhone. All work equally well.

I have no idea who your target market is... but, you might want to add some information about the knife makers you are selling. People who don't know a particular maker will appreciate it.

20. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Now they are showing up! Look great!