1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

We have a man down~

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

No... not really... but I wanted to mention a product that has been very useful for me especially when I get my klutz on.

[​IMG]
    http://woundseal.com/wp/

On Christmas day I introduced my new Martell sugi's heel into the side of my thumb a good 3/8 of an inch deep- while the sink looked like a shot from the latest CSI episode I was back on task in 3 minutes.
    This stuff works great. Its cheap and easy to pack in your kit. Give it a shot I found it at CVS or available at the website above.

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

You probably should have just PM'd this direct to me with the invite to the forum but Im glad I saw it before I needed it lol, probably works way better then an elmers glue stick

3. Jim

4. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Is that a similar product to quick clot?

5. Spike

Spike Founding Member

When I stuck my thumb into the tablesaw blade I used some stuff very much like that and I made it to the ER conscious!

6. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

This could come in very handy....

GROUP BUY!

7. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

I use super glue. Have a couple cuts that needed stitches. Couldn't see myself spending 4 hours at the emergency room, so CA to the rescue. Back to work minutes later.

8. Jim

Yes it is, quick clot is hard to find here, another product is Celox.

9. Boris

Boris Founding Member

im a super glue guy for the most part, should check this out too

10. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Looks like an interesting product, will have to check it out.
    Thanks!

11. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

I'm definitely getting some of that for the kitchen, garage, and first aid kit. Thanks for the heads up!

-Andy

12. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Super glue is exothermic and while it work, It can burn your skin around the cut.

I've used white pepper before... It hurt like hell but worked to help me get back on the cook line for a super busy holiday.

I should probably just get some of this. My Pro Edge knife bag has enough pockets.

13. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

I'm going to get some that stuff. My wife has a suture kit and looks for excuses to use it.

14. Maximus

Maximus Founding Member

Exothermic is good-cauterize a the bleeding vessels!

15. Twistington

Twistington Founding Member

I use some kind of powder that your put on dog claws when you mess up and cut the claws too short, takes care of the bleeding quick and then you can ca-glue up the flimsy parts of the wound... good as new after that. :)

16. Alacrity59

Alacrity59 Founding Member

Great post. Your kit should probably be reviewed annually. Stuff expires . . . instant hot and cold packs stop working clotting powders clump up self adhesive band-aids become hard to peel, hydrogen peroxide becomes water etc.

17. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

I need to get some of that..I keep getting bit by the heels of a few knives constantly!!

18. Legion

Legion Founding Member

CA glue guy (don't think I can get Jims stuff here). Hurts, but hurts less than a medical bill and a day off work. Just be sure to disinfect the wound with the most painful product handy first.

Pain is a great teacher.

19. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

I made the mistake of using very very thin superglue and squeezing the bottle a little too hard, a lot got on the finger/in the cut and started smoking...THAT was painful!! Now I use the thicker stuff or duct tape.

20. Birnando

Birnando Founding Member

On smaller cuts I use a styptic powder or a styptic stick, but woundseal is phenomenal on the real gushers!