1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WATCHES/TIMEPIECES

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by PierreRodrigue, Mar 14, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

That is a great combination Warren. looks like a serious time piece

2. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

We may need to host an intervention. ... or you can send me a watch or two.

Nice pick up @WarrenB

3. Thanks guys! It did turn out pretty nice, the bezel was stuck solid, so much so that I thought it was just decorative! I gave it a spray of oil and left it for 5 mins and it finally moved, got it working great again now. A very nice bargain watch:)

4. Saw the advert of the new Citizen Satellite wristwatch and i was truly amazed.
    Then checked the pricetag (£750 to £1800) and thought it's not that bad considering the brand and the specs.
    Even if it's not for my wallet it got me thinking... If it ever goes below £300 (as used) i might...
    I know, dream on. :)
    What's your opinion on this watch?

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Got tired of not being able to see what time it is on my old Seiko. It will still be good to have if we dress up, but now I have a Citizen I can read without bifocals.

Watch.jpg

6. Nice Citizen, Lucretia! My kind of watch.

Picked up a couple more myself.

Vintage Pulsar Spoon, not my cup of tea, but cheap!
    spoonkkf.jpg
    spoonkkf2.jpg

Seiko Flightmaster made in 1990

flight5kkf.jpg
    flight10_01kkf.jpg

And a Citizen with brown dial and strap, about as dressy as it gets for me!

citi.JPG
    citi2.JPG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. Ronnie Aloha

Ronnie Aloha Founding Member

Warren what model is the brown dial? I can't recollect seeing that one before.

8. Hi Ronnie, it's model number H500-S060834, don't think it has a model name like the Skyhawk etc, haven't seen one in brown before either, something different!

9. Ronnie Aloha

Thanks Warren! I like it. It would give me more color diversity in my collection.

10. Ronnie Aloha

Looks like a discontinued model.

11. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Thanks, Warren! I think it will look good with a leather strap.

12. Believe so, I tend to pick up some unusual watch models!

It should look nice with a leather strap, will fit well with it's black dial an uncluttered style. I only own one watch with a leather strap, the Citizen above!

Somehow forgot to add my Seiko 5 Atlas/Land Shark to the group pics!!

One of my favourites

atlascropped.jpg
    atlas2cropped.jpg

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I like that last Seiko. are they crowns screw down? Is one a pressure release?

14. The crown at 4 o'clock is a screw down that adjusts the time & day/date, the crown at 9 o'clock adjusts the inner rotating compass. Keeps good time as well, gains about 45 seconds per week

15. Another new member to my watch family, a Seiko Prospex Solar Diver SSC017P1
    solar.JPG

Well it's new to me but I got it used, but in great condition.
    solar2.jpg

Very nicely made watch, screw down push buttons as well as the crown.

The collection has changed a bit recently, sold a few that I don't really wear and got a couple of new ones in.

16. seiko :

[​IMG]

17. Cerakoted