1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WATCHES/TIMEPIECES

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by PierreRodrigue, Mar 14, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I like the Seiko Warren. the Kinetic drive would in theory let you leave it sealed up for a decade or two. I like the idea of that and if it has a screw down crown, then you can be pretty sure it is water tight. every time you change the battery in a quartz, or turn the crown in a non lock down crown, you don't know if you are compromising the water tightness.

2. I am wearing the Seiko today, it's quickly jumped up the queue for some wrist time:) I was a little worried about the capacitor needing replacing as it was dead in the shop, but it still shows 4-7 days power reserve the same as it did after I gave it a good shake yesterday.
    I see that Seiko seem to have replaced the capacitor with a higher capacity lithium cell and this 'upgrade' seems to be about £15 for a new cell and case gasket using genuine Seiko parts.

3. William Catcheside

William Catcheside Founding Member

Warren, your going to end up with your own Watch Shop:D
    I might have to look at Kinetic if my automatics don't enjoy my activities.
    Have been wearing the 80's citizen in the workshop, after a normal day of grinding and power hammering it lost about a minute, understandable really....

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Hey Will, guys like you made them change the term from "shock proof" to "shock resistant":):D

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Will, if you are looking for one to abuse take a look at the G shocks

6. So what does everyone think of my new daily wearer?
    gps.jpg

I think the GPS will be handy in the hypermarkets, some of those places are huge:D

It won't be staying with me, I only bought it to move it on again for a profit, felt weird having it on even for just 30 seconds!!

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. Toothpick

9. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Silly me, mine just keeps the time.....

Just picked up an Orient Bambino. Two weeks into it and its probably my favorite watch. Wears well with a suit or jeans.

10. Still trying to decide whether I like the NATO straps, only worn one a few times and need to give it more wrist time I think.
    Went with an old Citizen Promaster today that I put on a NATO strap, for some reason the hands end up exactly 30 mins faster than the digital time:confused:
    Trying to find out if it's a 1984 or 1994, date code is 4 but no idea of the decade
    citizen2.JPG

11. A few more watches picked up recently
    watch.JPG

A new Seiko SKA427P1(black) that I picked up cheap on holiday and a used Seiko SKA413, same watches just a different colour.
    watch2.JPG watch3.JPG

A used Tissot PRS200, really liking this one! and a Fossil CH2705
    watch4.JPG

Really like the Seiko's, good solid watches. The Tissot is also a very nice solid watch, I am going to give it a polish as it has some scuffs.
    The Fossil isn't something I would have looked at normally, but it was another really cheap buy so it came home with me!!

When you look at the Lume, you can see the difference even without being in darkness. The Seiko's are very bright and stay bright for a while, the Tissot is a bit behind but still very usable, the Fossil is another step back but does illuminate enough to be just about useful.
    watch7.JPG

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  12. Found another watch! A bit rarer this one I think.

Citizen Promaster Aqualand divers watch.
    aquapic.jpg

I believe it was the first Citizen that had an analogue dive meter.
    aquapic2.jpg

The serial number would indicate it was made in 1998, looks to be pretty much mint considering it's age!!
    aquapic3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  13. Anyone have a good place to buy authentic pre owned luxury watches? Any help would be appreciated.

14. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

15. Thanks for the advice David!

16. Another watch find!
    MTM Special Ops Blackhawk
    hawk2.JPG

It comes in a nice solid case with charger and spare parts
    hawk.JPG
    hawk6.JPG

Comes with a charger stand
    hawk5.JPG

Dual mode led's in blue and orange
    hawk3.JPG hawk4.JPG

Tempted to keep this one!

17. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

@WarrenB just how many watches do you have?!?!?

18. About 20, Jeffrey!! I move on the ones I don't wear and keep any new finds that hit the spot! Really need to get it down to about 5 or 6 keepers though!
    Just missed a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Trieste Chrono yesterday on an online pawn shop!! I thought about for 30 seconds and it was gone:(
    Probably a good thing as it was £1250!

19. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I need to start looking out for some as I am just starting to wear watches again and on occasion carry a pocket watch or two that I have.

20. Toothpick