1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Wa Nakiri For Sale

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

[​IMG]

• Model - Nakiri
    • Blade Length - 180mm
    • Steel - O1 (high carbon tool steel)
    • Hardness - Rc 60-61 (with cryo)
    • Height (at heel) - 59mm
    • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal
    • Handle Materials - Arizona Ironwood Burl with blond buffalo horn ferrule & endcap

This nakiri has one of the nicest grinds I've done. Thin, convex, and tapered. Made from cryo treated Rc 60-61 O1 that's tough yet easy to sharpen.

The handle is wa octagonal made from AZ Desert Ironwood Burl with blond buffalo horn on both ends. This combo should go well with the blade as it patinas over time.

Price - $585 (Shipping FREE for USA / International -$35)

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice. [​IMG]

P1010002.JPG View attachment 16585 P1010011.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010019.JPG P1010026.JPG

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Congrats.

Just curious...I always see Arizona ironwood. Is that the only place ironwood is found?

Anyone found it in southern UT or Nevada or Australia?

6. Dave Martell

I know that there's ironwood from other places, maybe even other countries, like Mexico for instance. ;)

I only state it's AZ if it's sold to me that way. I should probably just say ironwood or desert ironwood and leave it at that. LOL