1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarian....and I need help....

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Bill T, May 6, 2015.

1. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

@Lefty @Geo87 @shownomarci @Lucretia @bieniek @Anton @Rick @Taylor
    First off, I want to thank you all for your great information and also to apologize for not responding sooner and updating where I'm at with this.

Well I had surgery a few months ago and during the hospital stay I really couldn't eat well/much. So while there I just decided to go off the Vegetarian diet for my stay of 9 days.
    When I came home I still had no appetite, so I continued eating my meals with some meat.
    Needless to say, all of the issues I had before the surgery - the weakness, feeling blah etc pretty much vanished.
    Now 3 months later, I cannot in good conscience consider myself a vegetarian.
    As I told Jim - I've fallen, and don't want to get up...

The Upside of all this is while staying home, I've watched a ton of cooking shows and now that I'm getting around a lot better, I find myself really wanting to cook more.
    Neither my wife nor myself are great or even good cooks... but we can follow recipes.
    So now on top of making knives, I'm trying to make at least one outstanding meal a week..and I find it very exciting.

Thank you all again for your help and guidance.

2. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

It's weird when meat eaters don't get much meat and then they're kinda weird for a little while but when you got all out vege you have to figure out how to survive. Learning how to cook is a good deal. But be weary of recipes and focus on techniques and ratios. Then you can cook anything.

3. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

@Stumblinman
    But be weary of recipes and focus on techniques and ratios.
    Can you elaborate on this? Not sure what you mean by techniques and ratios.