1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming New Store Location

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, Mar 14, 2014.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

I posted some more photos on facebook today, but more importantly, i posted this on our website today...
    http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/notice-page

Japanese Knife Imports will be closed from Thursday, March 27th for about a week as we move our store to a new location... please read below for more information on this.

Japanese Knife Imports began as a website in 2010, practically operating from our bedroom and closet. Since that time, we have grown into a much larger company. In 2011, we opened our brick and mortar storefront in Venice, CA. It was a small space, but somehow worked for us well. We always wanted our store to feel less like a traditional retail establishment and more like walking into a friends house or living room. The small quarters proved to provide an intimate environment for us and our customers, and thanks to all of you, it turned out to be a great success. However, one of the downsides to a small space is that we quickly outgrew it in terms of our needs for display space, but more importantly, storage. In early 2013, we began looking for a larger location for our store. It took a while, but in August, we found such a place. While we would have loved to stay in or around the Venice area, we were unable to find a place that was both the right size and had parking. We did, however, find a spectacular place in a different part of town.

Since the beginning of our business, we have always maintained an office in Beverly Hills. This is where we receive packages, among many other things (anyone who has used our mail-in sharpening service will know this). Our new store is much closer to our office in Beverly Hills. It also happens to be a bit closer to my family, which we hope will be helpful now that Kenzo is in our lives. In addition to being much bigger and having more parking than our current store, our new store will also feature an improved workshop for my sharpening and some other new things we will reveal as the new store opening gets closer.

Our new store location is:

Japanese Knife Imports
    8642 Wilshire Blvd.
    Beverly Hills, CA 90211

We hope you'll come and visit our new store when it is finally open. Stay tuned for the most up to date information.

-Jon

2. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Good luck with the move. It sounds so exciting!

I've opened up several new OfficeMax and Office Depot stores back in the day. I enjoyed being part of the process. Walking in to an empty shell of a building with nothing but a floor and 4 walls. Then seeing it transform in to a fully stocked and functional retail store. Big sense of accomplishment once it is all done.

4. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Good luck, and when you open the next store, please make it in NYC.

5. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

Very exciting, Jon!

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Very nice Jon, I love the look of those skinny bricks.
    As your first ever customer I am claiming full responsibility for this success! :k

Seriously though, you and Sara deserve this result. Well done and congratulations.

7. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

We expect to be able to reopen the store location by Friday, April 11th. We are sorry this is taking longer than planned. We will begin shipping items bought online by Monday, April 7th.

8. turbo

turbo Founding Member

Good luck with the new location I'm sure it will be great. Maybe I can finally make the trip one day and check it out. It was great being able to hang out at the food show for a while too I had a good time.

9. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

If I'm ever back at Westwood visiting friends from college...

10. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

Getting ready to reopen the store this friday... online shipments are already back to normal. Thank you all for bearing with us through our move.

I promise some pics of the new store as soon as i have some time... but for anyone that cant wait, there's a bunch on our instagram:
    http://instagram.com/jknifeimports

11. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

All I see are pictures of food ;)

12. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

yeah ;) ... theres a lot of that too :p