1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Unboxing. The New Year GAW from FinnEdge

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by Bill T, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Hey Folks,
    I won the amazing New Year GAW from @FinnEdge...
    Even though I saw the Xmas GAW thread and saw what it was, I couldn't believe the size and weight of the package.
    Nor did I realize what Ian would pay in postage to get this to me on the other side of the world.
    His generosity is staggering...I can not thank him enough....Not just for such an awesome set of strops for myself, but Thanks as well for helping make Kitchen Knife Fora the awesome place it is.

The unveiling....

[​IMG]

Nice ...extra protection!
    [​IMG]

Amazing!
    [​IMG]

Close call...wouldn't be a normal day without one...
    [​IMG]

Absolutely incredible! Two strops, non-slip mat, eraser and a nice hunk of chrome oxide!
    Stunning!
    [​IMG]

Look at this wood!!
    [​IMG]

Awesome finishing touch !!!
    [​IMG]

Just beautiful!!
    [​IMG]

Ian, once again I want to Thank you for such an awesome GAW and for doing so much for the KKF!!!

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Bill they are a great price of kit! I've had mine from the same give away for a few weeks now and I love having them around for a quick touch up and finishing off the progression when sharpening. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. Bill, so glad you like the set and hopefully they serve you well!
    THANK YOU for your very kind words.
    This is a great place, community.

KKFora ;)

6. What is the hunk of chrone oxide used for?

7. It's used to load the strop. You can use on both of the strops if you wish. Slightly abrasive polishing compound to help refine the edge after sharpening. If applying to the leather, rub compound all over surface(gently) then cover surface with some baking paper and use an iron to heat the leather. Doesn't need to be raging hot!! Just helps the compound bind/blend to the leather surface. Heaps of different videos on the net with differing methods. Hope this helps a little.

8. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member