1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Tristone Blades tester and customer feed back

Discussion in 'Tristone Bladesmithing' started by Chadd Smith, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hey Chadd, I put the Gyuto through its first test today on iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and red bell peppers. What an experience it was. Made me feel like I was cutting nothing but butter. I even jullienne cut and dice cut the bell peppers with the skin facing up to add resistance to the edge, and still felt like cutting butter. The handle is very comfortable and easy to manipulate as I expected, this is why I wanted the Japanese style handle over other handle styles. The knife is superbly balanced in pinch grip, making it feel feather light in hand. I will be giving you further feedback as I go through other vegetables, fruits, and meats. So far, I have zero regrets. You have made an excellent blade.

From a future repeat customer,
    Odini F

2. Hi Chadd,
    Some feedback on the recent purchase of the 230mm Gyuto in RWL34. F & F is just superb and the material selection for the handle is outstanding. The knife feels very comfortable in the hand and the balance is perfect. The quality and the design of the handle makes it very easy to change grip effortlessly if/when required. For the performance, that's five stars + from me. I'm not a pro chef, just an enthusiastic home cook and cutting tests can be very subjective and technique can have a role to play. That being said, I have used the knife on proteins, various root vegetables and some fruit. Very little to no wedging and food release is excellent. Great for rock chopping, draw and push cutting. The grind is excellent and the knife has no flex that I could tell. Overall just a fantastic knife from a superb craftsman!

Again, thank you Chadd.
    One very happy customer

Ian