1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Top this....

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by Dave Martell, May 7, 2014.

1. gunnerjohn

gunnerjohn Founding Member

Ok.. that's it... I'm throwing my King stones in the river and starting all over again.

2. Kim Bronnum

Kim Bronnum Founding Member

OMG! BRAVE FU***R, poor knives

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Wonder if he would still preach his technique if that knife edge ever dug into the disc and blew it apart, hope he is wearing his goggles

4. That hardly EVER happens..................................................................... Anymore. :)

5. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

lol i winner if i swap out the regular belt for a sanding belt if i would start using my exercise bike again

6. No such silly sharpening contraptions for me. I like to keep it simple, so I use sharpening stones. I mean, how hard can it be?

:) Alright, many of you have probably already seen that clip, but I couldn't resist posting it. :p

7. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

oh sweet! 45 degree angle. that makes it so much easier for me!

8. Like Ron White says..."You can't fix stupid!"

9. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I'd love to see her try to use that knife after that! Holy batshit Batman!

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Talk about gorilla handing! She was hitting that steel at about 80 degrees!! How that knive could cut anything is beyond me.

11. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

And still she repeats the dubious old mantra about sharp knives being safer.

12. OMG! :eek:

I’ve seen people lavish more love, care and attention on an ax head. That angle grinder seems a perfect tool to touch up the penetrators on a small dragline bucket, but sharpening a knife, even a cheap one, give me a break. As one that has been pelted and left bleeding on rare occasion with bits a pieces flying out of correctly used and safety shielded machine tools, this is almost too damn scary to watch.

Defiantly a Darwin Award candidate!

13. Holy balls! Most of these half assed sharpening finds are supposed to make it easier. This one is more complicated then just taking them to some stones.

14. I didn't see the one with the chick. That is brutal. She said she "sharpens them before every task." That's not possible. Her knives would be absolutely ground down to nothing. If she goes at a 45 degree angle on both sides, that means her edge is a right angle. I'm calling bull ********.

15. It looks like she was trying to cut through the steel?!

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Now, now. That was a 12" knife last week. :D

17. "Vise" man from the west. :D

18. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Where do people learn this stuff....

19. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

From other self-proclaimed "experts" on the internet.

20. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Don't forget the IV