1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

To me the perfect butter and cheese knife is this...

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by roaduck, Nov 30, 2023.

1. [​IMG]
    When I was a teenager I picked up an all-stainless parallel bladed 5 inch table knife up at a flea market for twenty pence (about 25 cents)
    It was an English Sheffield made knife from the 1930`s or 1940`s (top right pic) and I use it two-three times a day at least.
    It`s been used as a screwdriver and a chisel so the hollow handle is split and lets water in because my brother used a hammer on it on some frozen sausages haha!
    The tip is knackered and had to be reground too so I`ve got two nearly identical all stainless parallel knives on order.
    It`s not too sharp so it`s perfect for hard cheeses and buttering sandwiches because the blade is much thicker and stiffer than a butter knife or palette knife - I could not do without it in the kitch or in town cooking.

2. [​IMG]
    My new all-stainless knives finally arrived and they are beautifully polished and weighty at over 4 ounces each with five inch blades.
    They will last ages seeing that my last one is well over 70 years old and it is used everyday.

3. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

They are pretty!

4. Thanks Wagner - I only needed two parallel table knives for cheese or butter/making "butties" (sandwiches)
    I already have matched cutlery for 18 but if I was to get the English made Lincoln Cutlery it would be a couple of grand for just the plain polished stainless made in Sheffield set.
    The top of the range 925 sterling silver 18 place sets with canteens are daft money - $ 70K + but that`s for heirloom cutlery.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023