1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

to build a fire

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Nov 6, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I know from talking to friends that some locales would frown on this activity. I had a brush pile from a years trimmings some lumber from the removal of an old deck where our new addition now sits. last Saturday dawned foggy, wet with dew and no wind, so at zero six thirty I touched it off!

Mike

fire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
  2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I've started or been next to an open fire every working day for almost six years. It never gets old.

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Its our caveman roots I think, that ring of light that is surrounded by scary things that can eat you.

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I'm not sure what I enjoy most....

Building the fire,
    or resurrecting the fire the next morning from embers.

I feel like this each time

i-have-made-fire-o.gif

6. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Open fires are awesome but i guess it depends where you live.We havent had rain for ages and it is tinder dry so if this were in my neighbours yard i would be out with the hose.

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I know some places would get upset about a fire like that. It had been quite dry here too, but that morning it was heavy fog, and very wet. Even so I did have my hose out and kept the area right around the fire hosed down as the heat was so intense it would dry out the grass and start it burning. After an hour it was settled down quite a bit and not worries. It did burn all day and into the night though. somehow I keep generating enough yard waste for a big pile every year or two. It is always good to start it before it freezes and I have to turn off the outside faucets.

I love a good fire:rolleyes