1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Tis The Season, Whats Your Best Burger Recipe

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by James, Apr 18, 2015.

1. 60/40 60% ground rib eye 40% cherry wood smoked bacon

2. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

85% chuck, 15% bacon...I line a 1/2 sheet with wax paper and use a rolling pin to create a even thickness sheet...put my fillings on 1/2 of the layer, then fold the other half on top and press gently with the rolling pin to seal. use a pizza cutter to cut square patties, like Wendy's. Allows for very minimal working of the meat to preserve temp and not break down the fat globs. Then use 2 sheets of wax paper between each patty and freeze. can do 5-10 pounds at a time in pretty quick order. Then anytime I want a burger, I can go directly from freezer to grill.

For fillings, I do a couple of different things: shredded cheddar and jalepenos; roasted garlic; A1; and for the simplest just garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I like ground bottom round. Some people might think it's too lean, but if you don't overcook it, it's plenty juicy. And no shrinkage when you cook it. When roasts go on sale, I get the butcher to trim and grind some. I like the flavor better than ground chuck. Just S&P, then top the burger with whatever you like. And a good roll is vital.

4. I wonder how that would be with 5-10% bacon?

5. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

80/20 ground lamb slider mixed w/ roasted shallots & roasted garlic on brioche buns...... herb boursin cheese, heirloom tomato, arugula & home made golden tomato ketchup! :cool: