1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Theft at Ardennes-Coticule

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by Jim, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Re-posted from B&B
    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/446096-Theft-at-Ardennes-Coticule?p=7154586#post7154586

Theft at Ardennes-Coticule

Sad news from Ardennes-Coticule. Anne-Katrien the daugther of Maurice Celis posted this today on coticule.be:

Hello Everyone,

Ardennes is not a very frequent visitor of forums, so I was hoping that my few posts which I write could all be positive… but this one is not. :-(

Tomorrow we discovered that someone broke in. They forced a backdoor, came in our stockroom and have stolen all of our large Coticule's and money!
    So we would like to ask to keep an eye open and report to us if you happen to find a deal on the internet that is to good to be true. If you can mail us a valid lead, we will thank you appropriately!
    Francis, our workmen, worked very hard to make these stones and he is very sad! and also angry and really want to find the guy who did this!

They knew what to steal and where to find it. So we think it's a customer that visited us yesterday and came back last night. It's a french-speaking small Belgian men who was on holiday nearby.

The sizes they have stolen are:
    250 x 60/ 200 x 75/ 200x 50/ 200 x 40/ 175 x 50/ 175 x 40/ 150 x 40 and a couple of bout 9

Thank's in advance!
    Anne-Katrien

So keep your eyes open if there is anyone selling coticules in larger quantities you don't know or havent seen before!

Peter

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

so sad, hope they get the guy

3. That's horrible, having someone break in and steal your stock and cash, and they are not something you can just order more of quickly to replace your stock. Not really my thing but I guess they will be hard to sell on any online platform as they are easily recognisable?