1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

The pizza thread

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by apicius9, Jan 9, 2015.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

I would eat that Stefan

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I can use a good gluten free option. Looks excellent. Stephan looks like he's nailed it too.

3. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

image.jpg Ahi poke pizza - pretty sure you haven't seen that before ;) A bit sloppy bjt I'm getting there. Also made one Margherita and one with roasted peppers, smoked ham and onions, but my housmates ripped it out of my hands before I could take pictures...

Stefan

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Ok I'll play along. We did sausage, onions, olives, peppers, and cheese. Not a homemade crust but the pizza was by far better than anything I've ate here in TN. You know it's good when you can smell every ingredient. Not like those other pizzas where you only smell grease and pizza sauce.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668385.022712.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668406.381727.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668418.771162.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668430.477532.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668441.150167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668449.270197.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422668467.312529.jpg

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Hmmmm, bacon.

6. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

[​IMG]

New Boardsmith baking and pizza board - going all the way in;)

Stefan

7. daveb

daveb Founding Member

You gots to make a knife handle (or three) to compliment these. And then of course you'll need knives to put them on...

8. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Of course, I could use a really long pizza cutter knife :) The boards are walnut and cherry, too nice to knead dough on them... The baking board is reversible and cut so that it covers the stove and that way creates extra work surface.

Stefan

9. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

this should work nicely stefan!

cck.jpg

10. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I was using the mighty 270 Watanabe gyuto so far, but this pig sticker would also just go through a pizza like nothing, I expect. I'll put it on the list :)

Stefan

11. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

I had a pizza party last week testing my new baking steel but could only get these 2 pics on time:

1.jpg 2.jpg

I am very impressed by how much the dough rose. I tried making a focaccia but it ended up looking like a huge balloon before I deflated it. Anybody tested it out?

Also tried to make a calzone but the top part was too thick, will have to try again :D

It was also my first time making the dough from a poolish and I am really impressed by how elastic the dough became. I also found the dough to taste better after a second day of rest.

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Those are really looking good!

13. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Oh no, today is national pizza day and I missed it...

Stefan

14. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Thanks! I think my oven goes quite high in temperature. I used the grill function at max temp :)

15. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

And of course, there's the "I don't have the time to make dough and I'm dying for pizza" made on a tortilla version:

FauxPizza.jpg

16. Hi Guys,

I you are looking for a baking steel you will get it here: baking steel.de
    Stefan if you are looking for a bakingsteel you will find it here: bakingsteel.de

17. Kind of a hybrid. Made a 'Cuban' pizza, based on a Cuban sandwich.

Dough with mustard (yes, mustard):

IMG_7990.JPG

Add ham and slow roasted pork shoulder..

IMG_7993.JPG

shredded Gruyere and mozzarella

IMG_7995.JPG

Pickles!

IMG_7998.JPG

Result was delicious.

IMG_8001.JPG

18. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

19. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

What a great idea! Looks really good.

20. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Dang Neil, that sounds and looks outrageous!