1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Steak Knives

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by ackvil, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

2. turtle

turtle Founding Member

All this talk of steak and steak knives had me venture out in the cold and........

[​IMG]

3. butch

butch Founding Member

right now im restrected to sub 10inch plates tbu im getting a larger lathe soon i think
    been using walnut for the nice look and dark color of the wood (worried about the blood of a proper rare steak coloring maple ) might try maple later tho to see

4. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

If it's cooked right, I only need a fork to cut a steak. But just in case, I use some Del Ealy paring knives as steak knives, and they work pretty well.

5. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Would it be overkill to get 4 end grain steak boards? :D
    And how would you design them, would you have a groove for a small ramequin there as well?
    Regarding steak knives, do you easily find forks to match them?
    And finally, would it make sense to have wa handles steak knives?
    A lot of questions, but I've been thinking about this for some time and haven't found what would be the best scenario, all help appreciated :D

6. djh

djh Founding Member

Any of those steaks left?