1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

St Baldricks Day

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Mrmnms, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Anybody doing anything? We provide the music every year at our favorite pub. Great charity fundraiser. I do not shave my head. Not as much there anymore.

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

People all over the country stage events with individuals and groups raffle off their hair for cancer research. Everybody gets shaved for charity. Some beards too. A few years ago , members of a local football team all volunteered. We were surprised some of the kids were in tears getting their heads shaved. We found out that one of their friends and teammates was just starting treatment. Last year, the team came back. Their friend came too. He's been in full remission. They all shaved their heads again including him. Not a dry eye in the place. It goes on all over the country, some places raising 6 figures alone. There's a great sense of community. All the events I know of take place were they serve excellent black and tans :D

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member