1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SPORTSMEN: Hunting and firearms

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by PierreRodrigue, Mar 9, 2014.

1. brainsausage

brainsausage Founding Member

I have Lapua envy...

2. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I want the stock off Jim's Mod70... :drool

3. daveb

daveb Founding Member

That stock is purty. I've a Mod 70 in 243 that I use mostly as a loaner to friends hunting with me. It's not a looker but has a great personality...

4. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

I have a Mod 70 as well, a heavy barrel varmint in .308, the wood isn't as nice as Jim's, but it is my main hunting rifle.

5. daveb

daveb Founding Member

FL Early Teal: (4 limits, dog and a pup in training)

[​IMG]

KS Pheasant: (I'm the good looking one with the Beretta)

[​IMG]

(Alex does not like boots)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Where NOT to duck hunt:

[​IMG]

FL Quail Buggy:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Daaaaaamn nice group, sir!! ~Tad

7. Newfoundland Cod I HOPE??? Looks familiar.

8. PierreRodrigue

Yes sir! Hell of a day!

9. Oh man, I'm jealous. Don't get out hunting nearly as much as I would like.

Pierre that XLR is a great looking chassis!
    Hard for me to tell from the photo, but kind of looks like your savage is wearing a Harris bipod, Coretac muzzle brake, Millet scope, and custom barrel?

10. Outdamnstanding thread. I had to ship all my fun firearms to PA because California is retarded with their gun laws. I'll stop there because it'll take the thread off topic. Is that a Lapua? What are you using that for other than long range target practice? You a black ops sniper?:james:usa

11. PierreRodrigue

Thanks guys! Migaki, the XLR is awesome! Even more so after I steel bedded it. Savage match action, Harris bipod, McGowen 28" match heavy contour barrel, Grizzly muzzle brake, this is the old Millett, I cant afford the Nightforce yet, so upped the Millett to a LRS 6-25 X 56. Will be adding a LRA Bipod, like the one on the left.

Caliber is .308 Win, shooting 210 grain Matrix bullets over Reloader 17 powder @ 2670 fps

Jason, I'm out of practice, but used to shoot distance in the Canadian Forces. ;)
    [​IMG]

12. (Alex does not like boots)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Love this...looks exactly like my Vizsla's....Hilarious watching a dog trying not to touch the ground with any feet at all.