1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SPORTSMEN: Hunting and firearms

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by PierreRodrigue, Mar 9, 2014.

1. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

Gentlemen. A thread for hunting, fishing and firearms related posts. Post away!

Heading out from here to do a little cod fishing...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heading out...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The haul...
    [​IMG]
    Some processing, filleting the smaller ones...
    [​IMG]

Northern Pike. This is a decent one. Good eating size. 18 pounds, 42" long. for scale, the fillet knife is 14" long. I'm a little larger than your average bear. I tend to skew the scale of things i'm in pictures with.
    [​IMG]

2. PierreRodrigue

Big game

A little freezer meat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. PierreRodrigue

Live action!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some fowl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PierreRodrigue

My baby!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Dude...can we be friends?
    Great pictures!

I got in to firearms last year after a guys trip to MI where my buddies cousin supplied us with the firepower for a day of fun at the range
    image.jpg

Me with a 12 gauge
    image.jpg

And here is a good shot of the range, targets set up at various yards

image.jpg

6. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I saw the title "Hunting and Firearms", saw the first section about fishing, and thought "Pierre's either shooting fish in a barrel or fishing with dynamite again!"

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Got pics of that!? Or..what's left of that

8. PierreRodrigue

And here I thought I sat in high esteem with you? Not sure about a barrel, but there are some rumors that salmon have found their way from river to camp fire via rifle... And the dynamite thing was out of necessity!

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Somehow I have no problem picturing this.

Must say I'm jealous--I haven't had venison in years.

10. PierreRodrigue

Made a stew tonight for dinner with carrots, rutabagas, potatoes, onions garlic and red wine, oven roasted with a puff pastry top. With fresh sourdough bread... Oh, and a nice tall glass of Guinness!

11. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

That sounds amazing.

I think this thread would even handle a good Bill Burke wolf shooting post ;)

k.

12. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Last time I mentioned I wamted to give huntng a shot and take a trip to Quebec, they held a referendum to get away... probably not a good idea to arm me. But it looks like great funvand better eats, man you have your own petting zoo... organic meat.. and custom made to order functional artwork, you could charge more then disney for vacations, just offer free parking andbyour golden lol

13. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

I have problems with expressing emotions, like jealousy, so bear with me. When I saw the first pictures you posted of the bay and the mountains with the ocean and the deep blue sea, I was jealous. Then it looked like the sky turned grey on you and I felt a little bit better. When I saw the walrus that was about to steal the fish off the dock, I felt even happier! Then I noticed that the same walrus was carrying firearms and killing all manner of game that I have no access to, I got jealous again. Then I saw the custom sniper rifle. I've decided that it's really ugly of me to covet another man's adventures, and whatever his pet walrus does is just fine with me as well!:thumb

14. PierreRodrigue

Haha! Walrus? Thats a damn fine looking walrus my friend!

Thanks for your jealously, comments like that make me realize what I have, and the opportunities I take for granted, mean something. I have spoken with several people from countries like England, and Whales, where hunting, or even owning a tactical firearm would be near impossible. I'm sure if you wanted to come to the land of 6' 4" firearm toting, walrus', a hunt could be arranged. I am deciding if I want to do an archery bear hint this spring. We have a lot of color phase black bears here and a nice cinnamon, or chocolate to go with my 7 1/2 foot black bear might be cool!

15. Chop

Chop Founding Member

Not a hunter, but I've got a few pieces.
    My edc is a Taurus TCP .380- in pocket.
    My show piece is a FN FNS 9mm.
    I keep a slim9 Taurus at my bed side, and a Mossberg 500 tactical close by.
    I'm working on a Springfield xds 45 for a concealable choice....very soon, will post some pics.
    Had a few rifles for the range, but I sold them, as they only collected dust.

16. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

If I could swing it I'd be there in a heartbeat! We get plenty of whitetail here and the southern part of the state is being over run by feral hogs, so there's game to be had. I've always wanted to go after moose though, the closest we have to that are bison. They don't let you shoot those here though.

17. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I got out deer hunting for the first time in a couple of decades this year. Here is a shot from the bench on sight in day.

20131109_092612.jpeg

Those reloads are dated 1982! worked great/

18. PierreRodrigue

Hell! Try military ammo sometime! Some of the stuff hoarded away is from the 40s and 50s!
    Nice rifle Jim, steel butt plate? What's the caliber?

19. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Thanks Bear it's a 1959 Winchester model 70 in .270 with "a little" work done to it.

[​IMG]

20. PierreRodrigue

Very nice! Nice shooting there as well, this target is from some "work up" loads. A little fine tuning, and I will be there.
    [​IMG]