1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

someone found some koa

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Apr 17, 2015.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

was on a road trip and stopped into a wood store i have been wanting to check out for a few years. well worth the detour cell phone picture doesnt even start to sho how nice its going to be

17916_10203708723549230_7900643604617496915_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
  2. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Great score, that should last you a while and make som really nice handles with the heartwood/sapwood contrast, spalting etc. I gotta get out more, maybe I find something like that also ;)

Stefan

3. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Sweet stuff Butch. Looks like a great cleaver handle! Just kidding.

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Nice! I love Koa. Hell, who doesn't?

6. Would be nice on a new patch knife... oh wait, haven't got the patch knife yet...

7. butch

butch Founding Member

the small board is dry and i think ready for K&G but the wide board needs a bit of time to dry out yet. thats fine by me as i have about 3 boxes of wood i need to send out anyhow i have an order for 12 steak knives in koa and i think that might be the first use of the new wood