1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Updates and News

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, Apr 1, 2015.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

Sharpening Service Update 4/1/15

As many of you know, we recently had to shut down our sharpening service for about 2 months, while we caught up with a big backlog. A few weeks ago, we began taking new sharpening again. However, at this time, we have come to realize, demand far outweighs our capabilities. We have thought long and hard about how to best address this kind of problem. We have finally come up with a reasonable solution, which will allow us to speed up our turnaround time. We will no longer be offering hand-sharpening services, but rather, we will begin machine sharpening of all knives. We have recently purchased a new bench grinder, and, along with existing equipment, we are all set to make the switch. We have been practicing on single bevel knives, and very thin knives, and, though the results are not quite as good, we feel this is the only way we can continue to offer sharpening services during this lovely time of April fools. We are very sorry for any heart attacks caused by reading this. We now resume our normal programming.

New Locations Coming Soon… 4/1/15

Over the past few months, we have been working on ways to expand our store. We are very pleased to announce plans for multiple Japanese Knife Imports stores across the US. Sara and I have picked out what we consider to be the best cities for expansion. Before the end of the year, we will have stores in 10 different US cities, including New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Denver, Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Lost Springs, WY. This covers both the largest and smallest cities in the US. Construction has begun in multiple locations on this lovely day of April fools. We hope we didn’t get your hopes up too much with this one. I guess you’ll just have to stick to visiting us in Beverly Hills for now though. Hope you all have a great day.

2. gavination

gavination Founding Member

Soooo, does that mean no Sara and Jon clones?? :( :(

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Thought this was going to be a notice about another little one coming along :)

4. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Damn you, Jon!!! :) Hook, line & sinker.........LMFAO!!! :cool:

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Congratulations Jon. Sounds like a big and well deserved move. Wishing you much success.
    I will also no longer feel guilty when I put a knife on a belt sharpener rather than stones. I will contact you re: a satellite shop once I complete my move to Mars.