1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Small world

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Geo87, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Some of you may remember a few years back on the other forum Knifeknerd sent a few knives via his pay it forward project to an apprentice of mine in need.
    Here he is here :
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443865504.906372.jpg
    Well I parted ways with him last year, he was heading north to travel Australia !
    He made it as far as cairns and is working up there.
    He had me very intrigued when he sent me this picture of this " total boss" chef at tafe (trade school) and his impressive kit
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443865621.489458.jpg
    Guess who happens to be his teacher at tafe ?
    Yeah turns out it's Allan ( scotchef )
    Look after him Allan! Mike is a great guy and shows real promise and passion!
    What a small world it is he found his way to another knife nut by chance!

2. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I remember and that is WAY cool! :cool:

3. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Hi Geoff- small world indeed and he speaks very highly of you.
    He is doing well,he is about half way through his last block and he will go far if he sticks at it.
    He will have his assessment soon where he cooks his own menu - i will post pictures when he is making them

4. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Such a good story , sad thing you point out is " if he sticks at it" since there is a very big drop out rate in our industry