1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Singers, Musicians and/or Reality TV Junkies

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by thedispossessed, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Hey All!
    A little shameless family promotion here, my big sister is going to be on this season of NBC's The Voice, starting monday 2/23.
    She has been singing and dreaming and working towards this for over 30 years so I'm pretty stoked for her.
    Anyways, not sure if it interests any of you but NBC put up a teaser kind of thing w her audition.

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

She can flat out sing!

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Loved it. And so did the judges. So are you in the family cameo, Disposessed

4. yeah I'm the stoner looking guy with the floppy hair and the blue shirt.
    thanks for the applause!

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Wow, she's good! I bet she can do a cover of Joe Cocker or Janis Joplin and give you chills. Best of luck to her!

What I want to know is how you got Sean Connery to come and watch with your family.

6. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Oh, and if you're in Nashville, hope you're staying warm. My SIL is there, and she's been iced in lately.

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Well done then.

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I don't usually watch this show, but it was coming on and we watched your sister again. She's WONDERFUL! Hope she goes far.

And I hope she gets to do a smokey ballad---that would be amazing.

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

And it's your dad who looks like Sean Connery.

10. Thanks so much!!!
    I just adore my sister so much and she's been working so hard at this for nearly 30 years so I'm just too excited!

11. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

What judge did she pick or can you not say?

That's the kind of singing I enjoy, not this crummy teeny pop stuff that's all over the radio now.

Has she sang anywhere in Nashville? I'm 25 miles from Nashville. The city really is Music City, singers in every bar and restaurant, and on every corner. Heck, even McDonald's has a house band! No lie.

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I don't usually watch that show either, but my wife never misses it. So last night I watched for the tenuous connection you have provided. She is great and I'll watch it as long as she's in it.

13. It's aired already so I can say she chose Blake. She sings all overNashville, usually spends about 200 nights a year gigging around the country and locally but now this TV thing is taking some time. Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks!

14. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

15. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

16. Thanks Jim!

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

And she's still in there!

18. yup! going strong, thanks for following guys!!!

19. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

that other girl was good, but your sister killed it!

20. Thanks!